Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Unraveling: a caregiver's journey of discovery

On December 9, 2015, I presented my graduate school applied research project to complete my Master of Arts degree in Communication, Unraveling: a caregiver's journey of discovery, an auto-ethnography documentary film. My defense was approved and scored by my committee 'with honors'.

I shared with my committee and those in attendance that during my project, there were times during the last two years that I wished I had selected a thesis option--how that would have been easier. How it would have been much easier to select a subject that I was not so personally connected to, one not so intertwined with.

However, I know that I was called to share this experience of caregiving for my mother who has early-onset Alzheimer's disease. I am grateful to have had this opportunity to capture and share this story. And I am so thankful for those who challenged me to pursue this project. Those who encouraged me to keep going even when it got difficult. Those who supported me when I felt like quitting. And those who comforted me when there were no words, only tears.



Coming soon, the trailer: The heart behind Unraveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment